David Robinson is Post-Doctoral Fellow in Philosophy, Theology, and Ethics, a position supported by the Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). His project is entitled “Self-Divestment for a Finite Earth: Recovering Philosophical and Theological Wisdom in the Anthropocene” and is jointly hosted by Regent College and the UBC Philosophy Department. David is also a Project Co-Leader for “Regent Interface: Engaging Science in Ministry Education,” which is supported by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
David is the author of Christ and Revelatory Community in Bonhoeffer’s Reception of Hegel (Mohr Siebeck, 2018). He has also published articles in Modern Theology, Scottish Journal of Theology, Ecclesiology, and Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics, among others.
David has previously taught at Vancouver School of Theology, where he is a Research Associate, and Corpus Christi College (UBC). He has also lectured at the University of Edinburgh and has presented at conferences including the American Academy of Religion, the Society for the Study of Theology (U.K.), the Society of Christian Ethics (U.S.), and the International Bonhoeffer Congress. Prior to his academic work, David served as a minister with congregations in Ottawa and Edinburgh.
David lives in Coquitlam with his wife Jolene, who works as Marketing and Communications Manager for Jewish Family Services, and their children Naomi and Andrew.
Areas of expertise
Philosophy, Theology, and the Sciences
Media & Publications
- Conflict & Concession: Nationality in the Pastorate for Althaus and Bonhoeffer – Article
- A Cleaving Mind: Hegel and Bonhoeffer on the Fall into Knowledge – Article
- Confessing Race: Toward a Global Ecclesiology after Bonhoeffer and Du Bois – Article
- A Resilient Public Voice: Rowan Williams in Faith’s Argument – Article
- Forgetting Ourselves in a Function: W.H. Auden on the Good Society’s Friday –
- Christ and Revelatory Community in Bonhoeffer's Reception of Hegel – Book
- Kenotic Theologies and the Challenge of the Anthropocene: From Deep Incarnation to Interspecies Encounter (with Jennifer Wotochek) – Article Publication