Before coming to Regent College in 1990, Edwin Hui worked as a clinician/scientist for ten years and held the position of Vice Chief-of-Staff of Lakewood Hospital in Los Angeles. Between 2003 and 2011, he was seconded to the University of Hong Kong Faculty of Medicine as Professor of Medical Ethics and a consultant in Clinical Ethics of the Hong Kong Hospital Authority. Edwin Hui lectures regularly in China and is currently a visiting or honorary professor at Peking, Fudan, Wuhan, Sichuan, Hong Kong, and Zhongshan Universities.
Edwin Hui is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the Regent Theological Review, which has been publishing two volumes each year in China since 2004. He has written/edited ten books and published over seventy articles in prestigious peer-reviewed journals including Medicine and Philosophy, Clinical Ethics, Bioethics, Prenatal Diagnosis, New Genetics & Society. He has also authored over sixteen invited book chapters. He is currently working on a book in clinical ethics and the translation of a series of Puritan writings. Edwin Hui is married to Winnie, and they have three adult children and two grandchildren.
Learn more about our Chinese Studies program.
Areas of expertise
- Christianity & Chinese Culture
Media & Publications
- Christian Character, Virtue and Bioethics – Book Publication
- An Introduction to Christian Theological Thought – Book Publication
- At the Beginning of Life: Dilemmas in Theological Bioethics – Book Publication
- Trinity and Morality – Audio Publication
- Bioethics: Moral Frontiers in Modern Medicine – Audio Publication
- Embryos, Stem Cells and Human Personhood: A Christian Perspective – Audio Publication
- Questions of Right and Wrong – Book
- Dialogue: Confucianism, Buddhism, Daoism & Christianity, Vol. 1-3 – Book
- Christian Theological Thoughts: A Primer – Book
- Bioethics: A Moral Assessment of Modern Bio-technology – Book
- A Dictionary of Chinese Medical Ethics – Book