Before coming to Regent College in 1990, Edwin Hui worked as a clinician/scientist for ten years and held the position of Vice Chief-of-Staff of Lakewood Hospital in Los Angeles. Between 2003 and 2011, he was seconded to the University of Hong Kong Faculty of Medicine as Professor of Medical Ethics. Edwin Hui lectures regularly in China and is currently a visiting or honorary professor at Peking, Fudan, Wuhan, Sichuan, and Zhongshan Universities.
Edwin Hui is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the Regent Theological Review, which has been publishing two volumes each year in China since 2004. He has written/edited ten books and published over seventy articles in prestigious peer-reviewed journals including Medicine and Philosophy, Clinical Ethics, Bioethics, Prenatal Diagnosis, New Genetics & Society. He has also authored over sixteen invited book chapters. He is currently working on a book in clinical ethics and the translation of a series of Puritan writings. Edwin Hui is married to Winnie, and they have three adult children and two grandchildren.
Learn more about our Chinese Studies program.
Areas of expertise
- Christianity & Chinese Culture
Media & Publications
- Christian Character, Virtue and Bioethics – Book Publication
- An Introduction to Christian Theological Thought – Book Publication
- At the Beginning of Life: Dilemmas in Theological Bioethics – Book Publication
- Trinity and Morality – Audio Publication
- Bioethics: Moral Frontiers in Modern Medicine – Audio Publication
- Embryos, Stem Cells and Human Personhood: A Christian Perspective – Audio Publication