REGENT COLLEGE STUDENT CONTRACT
FALL TERM 2023
Please read carefully to avoid delays.
REGISTRATION AND COURSE CHANGE DEADLINES
The early registration deadline is Friday, July 28, 2023.
(online via REGIS by midnight.) This is the deadline for Priority Enrollment Courses identified as such in the Important Timetable Information. All students are encouraged to register by this date in order to increase the likelihood of getting their desired courses.
The registration and payment deadline is Friday, September 1, 2023.
(online via REGIS by midnight.) Registrations submitted after this date will incur a late registration/payment fee of $50.
- If you register or add a course after September 1, you must pay in full at the time of registration.
The final deadline to register, add, increase credits, or change from audit to credit is Friday, September 22, 2023.
(online via REGIS by midnight.)
- Weekend and GENR courses must be added before the course begins (see syllabi for dates).
- Final Projects, Guided Studies, and Field Immersions may be added until 4:30 pm on Friday, September 22, 2023.
Thesis, IPIAT, or Integrative Project for the Fall Term may be added until 4:30 pm on Monday, December 11, 2023.
NOTE: Any student with fees or tuition owing after the payment deadline will be dropped from their class(es). If there are questions regarding this policy please email [email protected].
COURSE DROP & REFUND POLICIES
Course changes must be submitted officially, either online through REGIS or by submitting a Fall Term 2023 Course Registration/Change Form to reception. The following deadlines will apply to all courses.
- The deadline to receive a 100% tuition refund for dropping a course, reducing the number of credit hours in a course, or changing from credit to audit is Friday, September 22, 2023 (online via REGIS by midnight).
- The deadline to receive a 75% tuition refund for dropping a course, reducing the number of credits in a course, or changing from credit to audit is Friday, October 6, 2023 (online via REGIS by midnight). No refunds are available after this date.
- There is no refund of any tuition or fees after the 75% refund deadline, but a course may be dropped and credits may be reduced or changed to audit up until Friday, October 20, 2023 (online via REGIS by midnight).
FEES FOR FALL 2023
Tuition & fees are due in full on Friday, September 1, 2023.
STUDENT FEES NOTES | ELIGIBILITY
- During the registration period, all students that are registered with 3 or more credits are charged student fees. After August 15, 2023, these fees are non-refundable regardless of whether courses are dropped.
- If you take fewer than 3 credits but at least 3 audit hours (or at least 3 combined audit/credit hours), you may opt in to all Student Fees by checking the appropriate box on the Registration Form (no partial opt-ins permitted).
- If you take fewer than 3 credit and/or audit hours, you are not eligible to pay Student Fees.
AMS HEALTH & DENTAL PLANTo view full details of this plan, or to opt out of this plan, please visit www.ihaveaplan.ca (select UBC Vancouver as your school).
- The Change-of-Coverage Period for the AMS Health & Dental Plan is posted at AMS website listed under "coverage”. For information about opting out of the plan, or opting in family members for an additional fee, see the Healthcare page of our website.
- If you opt out of the plan, the plan fee initially charged to your account will be refunded and you will not be required to pay that amount before the payment deadline.
- Failure to opt out or pay this fee by the last day of the opt-out period will incur a late payment fee.
For full details about the U-Pass BC, please visit the U-Pass & Transit page of our website. If you drop all your classes after August 15, 2023 and would like to request a pro-rated refund for remaining monthly passes, please email [email protected].
- Academic Policies: Please consult the Academic Catalogue online for admissions policies, program requirements, program duration, appeals, rules of conduct and dismissal, academic policies and fees.
- Bullying, Harassment & Discrimination Policy: Regent College strives to be an institution free of bullying, harassment and discrimination. By completing course registration you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the Regent College Bullying, Harassment & Discrimination Policy found online, which may be amended from time to time.
REGISTRATION DEPOSIT — $150
Payment of the $150.00 non-refundable registration deposit is required in order to register for courses. You cannot register until you pay the deposit. The $35.00 registration fee makes up a part of this deposit; the remaining $115.00 is placed in your student account to pay for tuition and fees. This amount remains in your student account and is non-refundable. After one year, if the funds are not used they are forfeit and go to Regent College. Should course(s) be dropped, the entire deposit ($150) will be the minimum retained by Regent College.
REGULAR ACADEMIC FEES
|Credit Tuition (Onsite/Online)||$520 / $540||per hour|
|Audit Tuition (Onsite/Online)||$385 / $405||per hour|
|Student Fees||$712.49 / $374.49||
(consists of the items below)
|Regent College & UBC student fees||$194.09||
per term (RCSA fee, AMS membership fee,
|U-Pass Fee||$180.40||per term|
Health & Dental Plan: Extended health insurance
(see above for opt-out and family opt-in options)
|$338.00||(from Sept 1, 2023 - Aug 31, 2024)|
Service & Administrative Fees (if applicable)
Late Registration/Payment Fee
+ interest per month
at a rate of 8.5% per annum
|Failure to drop a course not attended||$50||non-refundable|
|Dishonoured cheque fee||$20|
SPECIAL COURSE FEES (IF APPLICABLE)
|Academic Writing Class fee (GENR 311):||
|Introduction to Theological English (GENR 318):||$250|
|IPIAT handling fee:||$70|
|Qualitative Research Workshop (GENR 310):||$100|
|Study Skills (GENR 314):||$50|
|Thesis Orientation fee (GENR 301):||$100|