REGENT COLLEGE STUDENT CONTRACT
Winter TERM 2024
Please read carefully to avoid delays in the application process.
REGISTRATION AND COURSE CHANGE DEADLINES
- The early registration deadline is Friday, November 24, 2023 (online via REGIS by midnight). This is the deadline for Priority Enrollment Courses identified as such in the Important Timetable Information. All students are encouraged to register by this date in order to increase the likelihood of getting their desired courses.
- The registration and payment deadline is Friday, January 12, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight). Registrations submitted after this date will incur a late registration/payment fee of $50.
- If you register or add a course after January 12, you must pay in full at the time of registration.
- The final deadline to register, add, increase credits, or change from audit to credit is Friday, January 26, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight).
January Intensive Courses:
- The registration and payment deadline for January Intensive courses is Friday, January 5, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight). Late registrations submitted after this date will incur a late registration/payment fee of $50.
- The last day to add a January Intensive course is Monday, January 8, 2024 and payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
- The final deadline to increase credits, or change from audit to credit is Friday, January 12, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight).
- Weekend and GENR courses must be added before the course begins (see syllabi for dates).
- Final Projects, Guided Studies, and Field Immersions may be added until 4:30 pm on Friday, January 26, 2024.
- Theses, IPIATs, or Integrative Projects may be added until 4:30 pm on Friday, April 19, 2024.
COURSE DROP AND REFUND POLICIES
Course changes must be submitted officially, either online through REGIS or by submitting a Winter Term 2024 Course Registration/Change Form to reception. The following deadlines will apply to all courses.NOTE: Any student with fees or tuition owing after the 100% refund deadline will be dropped from class(es). If there are questions regarding this policy please email [email protected].
- The deadline to receive a 100% tuition refund for dropping a course, reducing the number of credit hours in a course, or changing from credit to audit is Friday, January 26, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight).
- The deadline to receive a 75% tuition refund for dropping a course is Friday, February 9, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight). No refunds are available after this date.
- There is no refund of any tuition or fees after the 75% refund deadline, but a course may be dropped and credits may be reduced or changed to audit up until Friday, February 23, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight).
January Intensive Courses:
- The deadline to receive a 100% tuition refund for dropping a January Intensive course, reducing the number of credit hours in a January Intensive course, or changing from credit to audit is Friday, January 5, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight).
- The deadline to receive a 75% tuition refund for dropping is on or before the second day of class.
- There is no refund of any tuition or fees after the 75% refund deadline, but a January Intensive course may be dropped and credits may be reduced or changed to audit up until Friday, January 12, 2024 (online via REGIS by midnight).
FEES FOR WINTER TERM 2024
Tuition & fees are due in full on Friday, January 12, 2024 (see exceptions noted above).
STUDENT FEES NOTES | ELIGIBILITY
- During the registration period, all students that are registered with 3 or more credits are charged student fees. After December 15, 2023, these fees are non-refundable regardless of whether courses are dropped.
- If you take fewer than 3 credits but at least 3 audit hours (or at least 3 combined audit/credit hours), you may opt in to all Student Fees by checking the appropriate box on the Registration Form (no partial opt-ins permitted).
- If you take fewer than 3 credit and/or audit hours, you are not eligible to pay Student Fees.
AMS HEALTH & DENTAL PLANTo view full details of this plan, or to opt out of this plan, please visit www.ihaveaplan.ca (select UBC Vancouver as your school).
- The Change-of-Coverage Period for the AMS Health & Dental Plan is posted on the AMS website listed under "coverage". For information about opting out of the plan, or opting in family members for an additional fee, see the Healthcare page of our website.
- If you opt out of the plan, the plan fee initially charged to your account will be refunded and you will not be required to pay that amount before the payment deadline.
- Failure to opt out or pay this fee by the last day of the opt-out period will incur a late payment fee.
For full details about the U-Pass BC, please visit the U-Pass & Transit page of our website. If you drop below 3 credit hours after December 15, 2023 and would like to request a pro-rated refund for remaining monthly passes, please email [email protected].
- Academic Policies: Please consult the Academic Catalogue online for admissions policies, program requirements, program duration, appeals, rules of conduct and dismissal, academic policies and fees.
- Bullying, Harassment & Discrimination Policy: Regent College strives to be an institution free of bullying, harassment and discrimination. By signing the registration form, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the Regent College Bullying, Harassment & Discrimination Policy found online, which may be amended from time to time.
REGISTRATION DEPOSIT — $150
Payment of the $150.00 non-refundable registration deposit is required in order to register for courses. You cannot register until you pay the deposit. The $35.00 registration fee makes up a part of this deposit; the remaining $115.00 is placed in your student account to pay for tuition and fees. This amount remains in your student account and is non-refundable. After one year, if the funds are not used they are forfeit and go to Regent College. Should course(s) be dropped, the entire deposit ($150) will be the minimum retained by Regent College.
REGULAR ACADEMIC FEES
|Credit Tuition (Onsite/Online)||$520 / $540||per hour|
|Audit Tuition (Onsite/Online)||$385 / $405||per hour|
|Student Fees||$374.49 / $599.82*||total (consists of the items below)|
|Regent College & UBC student fees||$194.09||per term|
|U-Pass Fee||$180.40||per term|
Health & Dental Plan: Extended health insurance
(see above for opt-out and family opt-in options)
(from Jan 1 - Aug 31, 2024;
only for students starting in Winter 2024)
Service & Administrative Fees (if applicable)
Late Registration/Payment Fee
(if registering or paying after Jan 13)
+ interest per month
at a rate of 8.5% per annum
|Failure to drop a course not attended||$50||non-refundable|
|Dishonoured cheque fee||$20|
SPECIAL COURSE FEES (IF APPLICABLE)
|Academic Writing Class fee (GENR 311): $100|
|Introduction to Theological English (GENR 318): $250|
|IPIAT handling fee: $70|
|Study Skills (GENR 314): $50|
|Thesis Orientation fee (GENR 301): $100|