More Links

International Students

Step 5: Apply for a Visa

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada, in addition to your study permit. If so, you will need a visa regardless of how long you plan to stay in Canada. We recommend you apply for a multiple entry visa, not a single entry visa. You should apply for your visa at the same time as for your study permit (for no additional fees). 

Check if you need an eTA or a visa to enter Canada

Check current processing times at visa offices outside of Canada 

Apply online for an eTA or Temporary Resident Visa

Do not leave for Canada without your visa
You must not leave for Canada until you have a letter of introduction (if you were admitted to a program and applied for a study permit) and either an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) if you are from a designated country for which Canada requires a visa. The visa will be in your passport and the expiry date on the visa indicates the date by which you must enter Canada. You must enter Canada before your visa expires.

Visiting the United States
Because Vancouver is only 45 minutes from the US border, you may want to visit the United States while you’re at Regent College. Plus, our annual Fall Retreat for students and their families, faculty, and staff is held across the border in Washington State. To attend, you will need an entry visa for the United States. We recommend you apply for one from your home country, before you arrive in Canada.

Get the details here

Prepare for your arrival

Application for Admission

Let's Get Started

Please enter a first name.
Please enter a last name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Please enter a phone number.
Please choose the first option that applies.

Already Started an Application?

That email address does not have an active application. Please begin an application, or contact admissions staff at for help.

Want to know more about the application process?

Learn More

Fill out the form below and one of our Admissions Counsellors will be happy to contact you.

If you have any additional questions please ask them here.