Arts Administrator and Dal Schindell Gallery Curator
Part-time, permanent (up to 24 hours/week)
Opening date: Monday, May 3, 2021
Closing date: Friday, May 21, 2021
This is a position created to support the rich and varied arts activities of Regent College including the vision and day-to-day activities of the Dal Schindell Gallery. The Arts Administrator and Dal Schindell Gallery Curator (Arts Administrator) will bring together theological education, together with proven administrative ability and experience in arts programming. Reporting to, and working closely with the head of the Theology and the Arts program at Regent College, the Arts Administrator will be expected to coordinate and administer existing elements of the arts emphasis in the curriculum.
The Arts Administrator will provide administrative support to the arts emphasis curriculum in the following ways:
1.) By administering the Arts Advisory Committee meetings including setting the agenda and documenting the meeting.
2.) By identifying and engaging off-campus technical advisors, assisting in finding practice and performance spaces for Integrative Project in the Arts and Theology (IPIAT) students, scheduling degree-completion performances, assisting students with preparation of performance space and publicity for degree-completing performances and presentations, and leading the IPIAT orientation.
3.) By coordinating arts-related special events such as public presentations and performances of IPIATs and additional arts related conversations and events.
4.) By engaging with prospective students and participating in Experience Regent events.
5.) By recruiting and engaging artists, envisioning exhibitions, promoting and coordinating shows, and installing exhibitions in the Dal Schindell Gallery. This includes all duties involved with converting exhibitions to online shows.
6.) By creating liaisons between Regent College and other arts organizations and institutions in order to benefit the Regent community with arts related programs and opportunities.
7.) By seeking ways to effectively involve the Regent community in the creative engagement and broader conversations at the intersection of theology and the arts.
8.) Other administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a person who:
- Understands and supports the ethos and mission of Regent College as articulated in the Theological Position (http://www.regent-college.edu/about-us/theological-position),
- Has administrative work experience plus a minimum of an undergraduate theological degree. Administrative experience in an academic institution and experience with Regent’s IPIATs would be considered a strong asset,
- Has educational or professional experience in a field related to visual arts and the demonstrated ability to envision and create aesthetic space,
- Has a demonstrated ability to engage students pastorally,
- Has exceptional organizational skills: attention to detail; good time management; ability to multitask effectively; discipline to deal with issues in a timely manner; ability to plan well and anticipate needs; ability to keep information in an orderly manner,
- Has a high level of customer service and is skilled at problem solving,
- Is capable of working quickly and accurately while under pressure to meet deadlines,
- Displays excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate over email,
- Is proficient in MS Office and Adobe Premier Pro or other video editing software,
- Is competent in managing a budget,
- Has the demonstrated ability to form good working relationships and utilizes good judgement.
Application Process:Applications must include a resume and cover letter stating eligibility to work in Canada and salary expectations. The application deadline is May 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm. To submit your application and further inquiries, please email to [email protected]