Into Africa: Exploring Theology and Ministry in Nairobi, Kenya
This event has now ended. Please view this page to see all our upcoming events.
With the dramatic shift in the centre of world Christianity from the West to the Majority World, Africa is now a vital centre of global Christianity. This course will explore aspects of African Christianity, both intellectually and experientially, through intensive exposure to theology and ministry in Nairobi, Kenya.
This Go Global course is offered off-campus at the Africa International University in Nairobi, Kenya.
Maximum enrollment: 12 students.
Additional Course Fee: $1300 CAD. This fee includes the following:
- Accommodation for 14 nights at Africa International University (single room and full board)
- Local transportation to site visits and ministry placements, and honoraria for site visit speakers
- Special meals out
- Concluding retreat
- Entry visa (currently $50 USD, payable in cash upon arrival at the airport in Nairobi)
- Immunizations as recommended by an international travel medical clinic
- International medical and travel insurance (we strongly recommend trip cancellation/interruption insurance)
- Accommodation, meals and local transport before June 10 and after June 23 Possible (optional) group safari following conclusion of the course
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Download the registration form and submit with a non-refundable $300 deposit by March 17.
1. Submit the completed form and payment via cash, check, debit, or credit in person at Regent reception from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Mon -Fri.
2. Mail your completed form and $300 payment to: Regent College Registration, 5800 University Blvd. Vancouver BC V6T 2E4
3. Email or fax (firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-224-3097) the completed registration form to Regent and submit your $300 deposit via REGIS.
Once your application form has been reviewed, you will be notified of your placement in the course via REGIS after Feb 22.
The deadline to receive 100% refund of tuition and fees (with the exception of the $300 non-refundable deposit) for dropping the course is 4:30 pm on Monday, April 10, 2017. Because Regent College will be paying various local expenses for the student in advance, the $1,300 (CAD) additional fee is non-refundable after April 10, but tuition is 50% refundable until Wednesday, May 10, 2017. No refunds will be granted after May 10, but the course may be dropped without refund until Friday, June 23, 2017. Regent College may be required to cancel this course due to either the political instability of the host country, or to low enrollment. In the event of course cancellation, all tuition and fees (including the registration deposit) will be refunded, but Regent College will not be responsible for any other expense, loss, or damage incurred by the student as a result of such cancellation.