Annual Fall Retreat 2018
We kick off every school year with a retreat for Regent students, staff, faculty, and families. The retreat provides an opportunity for the whole school to get away together and connect with God, creation, ourselves and each other. The weekend will provide many opportunities to worship, feast, connect, celebrate, play and rest.
This year the Fall Retreat will be held at RockRidge Canyon in Princeton, BC.
The Retreat includes:
- Three main worship sessions - with a nursery and children’s program
- A facilitated group opportunity to meet the faculty
- Ceilidh dance
- Variety Show
- Opportunities to connect over meals
- Opportunities to meet with a Spiritual Director or a Vocational Coach
Plenty of free time to rest, study, hike, play sport, swim, canoe, mountain bike ... or zipline
Location and Directions
RockRidge Canyon is located in Princeton, BC - about 4 hours east of Vancouver, by car (approx.300 km).
- From Vancouver, drive east on Hwy #1.
- After Hope, continue on Hwy #3 toward Princeton.
- Follow Hwy #3 through Manning Park.
- Drive through Princeton. Follow the signs to the Princeton Golf Course.
- Turn right onto Amber Hill Road where you will see both a sign for the golf course and a blue sign for the Regent Retreat.
- Continue along this road (which becomes Willies Ranch Road).
- You will see a sign on the right which says RockRidge Canyon is an additional 9km. Keep driving!
- Watch for a narrowing with a cattle guard and two vertical wooden logs - you are now on RockRidge Canyon property.
- Proceed to the gatehouse, where someone from Regent will meet you to tell you where your accommodation is located.
You can coordinate your own transportation, or take a charter bus from Regent to RockRidge Canyon. The charter bus offers an opportunity to connect with other students and families from the Regent community.
Bus Cost (round-trip):
$54 for adults (age 13+)
$28 for the first child and $10 for each child after that (age 3-12)
Children 0-2 years ride free.
When you register online, make sure to check the box indicating that you would like to use the bus. The bus will leave Regent at 12:30pm but please be there 20 minutes prior to departure. You can purchase your bus ticket(s) when you register for the retreat.
Accommodation and Costs
Accommodation varies in price according to type and individual status (student, spouse, child). All prices include two nights accommodation and six meals. Details about various pricing options are available via the online registration.
What to Bring
- Bible and pen
- Warm clothes (for the evening)
- Rainproof coat and shoes
- Shoes for hiking or playing sport
- Coffee/tea mug (to reduce waste)
- $20 for zipline (if necessary)
Linens (sheets, blanket and towel) will be provided by RockRidge Canyon for those staying in a dorm room or Wolfe Creek Lodge.
If you are tenting, please bring your own towel and bedding.
Registration Deadlines and Eligibility
- The early bird deadline is August 17, 2018. Register by then for a 10% discount.
- Final deadline for registration is August 31, 2018.
- The retreat is for current students, staff, faculty, spouses and kids. Current students are those who are registered for at least three credits in the Fall 2018 term.
The 100% refund deadline for the Regent Retreat and Charter Bus service is Friday, August 31, 2018.
Requested refunds for cancellation after this date will be considered by the Fall Retreat Taskforce on a case-by-case basis.
RockRidge Canyon, 2000 Willies Ranch Road, Princeton, BC