Fall Retreat 2019
We kick off every school year with a retreat for Regent students, staff, faculty, spouses, and kids. The retreat is an opportunity for the whole school to get away together and connect with God, creation, each other, and ourselves. As a community, we will worship, eat, connect, play, and rest.
The Fall Retreat is held at RockRidge Canyon in Princeton, BC, from September 27–29, 2019. It includes:
- Three main sessions - with a nursery and children’s program
- A facilitated group opportunity to meet the faculty
- A Ceilidh
- A Variety Show
- An opportunity to meet with a Spiritual Director
- Plenty of free time to rest, study, hike, play sport, swim, kayak, canoe, mountain bike ... or zipline!
Registration opens soon!
All prices include two nights accommodation and six meals. Cost varies according to accommodation type and whether you are a registering as a student, spouse or child. More details about pricing options are available via the online registration page.
You can coordinate your own transportation, use the carpooling app, or take a charter bus from Regent to RockRidge Canyon. The charter bus offers an opportunity to connect with other students and families from the Regent community.
To secure a place on the bus, please ensure you register for a bus ticket in addition to your accommodation.
Bus Cost (round-trip):
$54 for adults (age 13+)
$28 for the first child and $10 for each child after that (age 3-12)
Children 0-2 years ride free
The bus will leave Regent at 12:30pm. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure.
Registration Deadlines and Eligibility
- The early bird deadline is August 16, 2019. Register by then for a 10% discount.
- Final deadline for registration is September 6, 2019.
- The retreat is for current students, staff, faculty, spouses and kids. Current students are those who are registered for at least three credits in the Fall 2019 term.
Refund Policy & Late Fees
The 100% refund deadline for the Fall Retreat and charter bus service is Friday, September 6, 2019.
Requested refunds for cancellation after this date will be considered by the Fall Retreat Taskforce on a case-by-case basis.
If any registrations are accepted after Friday, September 6, they will be subject to a $25 late fee.
What to Bring
- Clothes (be aware it can get cold in the evening)
- Rainproof coat and shoes
- Shoes for hiking or playing sport
- Ear plugs
- Bible and pen
- Reusable mug for tea / coffee (to reduce waste)
- $20 for zipline (if needed)
Linens (sheets, blanket and towel) will be provided by RockRidge Canyon for those staying in a dorm room or Wolfe Creek Lodge.
If you are tenting, please bring your own towel and bedding.
RockRidge Canyon is located in Princeton, BC - about 4 hours east of Vancouver, by car (approx.300 km).
- From Vancouver, drive east on Hwy #1.
- After Hope, continue on Hwy #3 toward Princeton.
- Follow Hwy #3 through Manning Park.
- Drive through Princeton. Follow the signs to the Princeton Golf Course.
- Turn right onto Amber Hill Road where you will see both a sign for the golf course and a blue sign for the Regent Retreat.
- Continue along this road (which becomes Willies Ranch Road).
- You will see a sign on the right which says RockRidge Canyon is an additional 9km. Keep driving!
- Watch for a narrowing with a cattle guard and two vertical wooden logs - you are now on RockRidge Canyon property.
- Proceed to the gatehouse, where someone from Regent will meet you to tell you where your accommodation is located.
RockRidge Canyon, 2000 Willies Ranch Road, Princeton, BC