Fall Retreat 2023
This event has now ended. Please view this page to see all our upcoming events.
Each September, we start the school year with a retreat for Regent students, staff, faculty, spouses, and kids. This is a chance for us to get away and connect with God, creation, each other, and ourselves—a time to worship, eat, connect, play, and rest together as we deepen in friendship with one another.
This year's retreat takes place Friday, September 22 to Sunday, September 24, 2023.
We are excited to be heading back to RockRidge Canyon, a beautiful Young Life camp tucked in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains near Princeton, BC.
The retreat includes:
- Two nights of accommodation and six delicious meals
- Three main sessions—with a nursery and children’s program
- Opportunities to get to know faculty and fellow students in small groups
- A bush dance—a fun, Australian style of folk dancing for which you need no prior skill or experience
- A variety show—always full of laughter and talent
- Plenty of free time to rest, study, hike, swim, kayak, relax, mountain bike—or zipline!
We are looking forward to being together, and hope you will join us for this fun and formative weekend.
We have included some helpful information in the drop down menus below. Please note that cellphone reception on the way to RockRidge and at the site can be spotty, so we suggest that you download directions and any information you need for the weekend before leaving Vancouver. There is free wifi at RockRidge, which you can access should you need it.
Weekend theme and teaching
This year, we are excited to have Matt Lynch teach on the theme, Navigating Faith: Losing our Bearings and Finding our Way. Here's what Matt says about what he will be sharing with us: The journey of faith brings seasons of stasis, when life seems on track, and seasons of disorientation or transition, when everything seems unstable. What resources does Scripture offer to accompany us into and through those various seasons? Drawing from Old Testament psalms and stories, these talks will wrestle with ways to find and pursue God along life's winding roads.
Cost includes two nights of accommodation, six meals, and snacks. There are three different types of accommodation: tent, dorm room, and Wolfe Creek Lodge. Your overall cost for the weekend will vary according to accommodation type and whether you are registering as a student, spouse, or child. More details about pricing options are available via the online registration page.
You can coordinate your own transportation, use the Carpooling App or take a charter bus from Regent to RockRidge Canyon.
The charter bus gives you a chance to connect with others in the Regent community while journeying to RockRidge. To secure a place on the bus, please ensure you register for a bus ticket in addition to your accommodation.
Bus Cost (Round Trip)
$58 for adults (age 13+)
$32 for one child
$14 for each child after that (age 3-12)
Free for children 0-2 years
The bus will leave Regent at Noon. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure.
Registration Deadlines and Eligibility
- The early bird deadline is August 11, 2023.
- Final deadline for registration is September 1, 2023.
- The retreat is for current students, staff, faculty, spouses, and kids. Current students are those who are registered for at least three credits in the Fall 2023 term.
Refund Policy & Late Fees
The 100% refund deadline for the Fall Retreat and charter bus service is Friday, September 1, 2023.
Requested refunds for cancellation after this date will be considered by the Fall Retreat Taskforce on a case-by-case basis.
If any registrations are accepted after Friday, September 1, they will be subject to a $20 late fee.
What to Bring
- Clothes (pack layers as it gets cold in the evening!)
- Shoes for hiking or sports
- Ear plugs
- Reusable mug for tea and coffee & refillable water bottle (to reduce waste)
- Chap stick / lip balm (the mountain air can by dry)
- Bible, journal, pen
Linens (sheets, blanket, and towel) are provided by RockRidge Canyon for those staying in a dorm room or Wolfe Creek Lodge.
If you are staying in a tent, please bring your own towel and bedding.
RockRidge Canyon is located in Princeton, BC—that's about four hours east of Vancouver by car (approximately 300 km).
- From Vancouver, drive east on Hwy #1.
- After Hope, continue on Hwy #3 toward Princeton.
- Follow Hwy #3 through Manning Park.
- Drive through Princeton. Follow the signs to the Princeton Golf Course.
- Turn right onto Amber Hill Road where you will see both a sign for the golf course and a blue sign for the Regent Retreat.
- Continue along this road, which becomes Willies Ranch Road. Note that it is long, winding, and gravelly. Go slow!
- You will eventually see a sign on the right which says that RockRidge Canyon is an additional 9km. Keep driving!
- Watch for a narrowing with a cattle guard and two vertical wooden logs. You are now on RockRidge Canyon property.
- Proceed to the gatehouse, where someone from Regent will meet you to tell you where your accommodation is located.
RockRidge Canyon, 2000 Willies Ranch Road, Princeton, BC