Annual Fall Retreat 2017
This event has now ended. Please view this page to see all our upcoming events.
We kick off every school year with a retreat for Regent students, staff, faculty, and families. The retreat provides an opportunity for the whole school to get away together and connect with God, creation, each other and ourselves. The weekend will provide many opportunities to worship, feast, connect, celebrate, play and rest.
This year the Fall Retreat will be held at RockRidge Canyon in Princeton, BC.
During the main sessions, Iwan and Amanda Russell-Jones will be speaking on the theme of Dwelling Place: Reflections on Home as Gift, Idol and Task. (You can read more about what they will be sharing with us below).
The Fall Retreat includes:
- Three main worship sessions - with a nursery and children’s program
- A facilitated group opportunity to meet the faculty
- Ceilidh dance
- Variety Show
- Opportunities to connect over meals
- Opportunities to meet with a Spiritual Director or a Vocational Coach
Plenty of free time to rest, study, hike, play sport, swim, canoe, mountain bike ... or zipline
More about the theme: Dwelling Place
The need for home, for a place of shelter and belonging, of familiarity and routine, of welcome and refuge, is one of the most abiding and profound of all human needs. It runs deeply through our history and politics, our art and literature, and in a world currently beset by problems of displacement, homelessness and alienation, it continues to haunt our dreams and nightmares.
At this year’s Regent Retreat we, who ourselves, in many cases, have left family and city and nation to come and study in this place, will reflect on the true meaning of home according to the Scriptures. What does it mean to confess with the Psalmist that God is our refuge and dwelling place? Is this some kind of hyper-spiritual denial of the world and of normal human needs and desires? Can home become an idolatrous obsession for us? And what are the implications of living out our faith in the God who makes His dwelling place among human beings?
Location and Directions
RockRidge Canyon is located in Princeton, BC - about 4 hours east of Vancouver, by car (approx. 300 km).
- From Vancouver, drive east on Hwy #1.
- After Hope, continue on Hwy #3 toward Princeton.
- Follow Hwy #3 through Manning Park.
- Drive through Princeton and follow the turn off signs for the Princeton Golf Course.
- Turn right at the sign for the Princeton Golf Course, onto Amber Hill Road.
- Continue along this road (which becomes Willies Ranch Road).
- You will see a sign on the right which says RockRidge Canyon is an additional 9km. Keep driving!
- Watch for a narrowing with a cattle guard and two vertical wooden logs - you are now on RockRidge Canyon property.
- Proceed to the gatehouse, where someone from Regent will meet you to tell you where your accommodation is located.
You can coordinate your own transportation, or take a charter bus from Regent to RockRidge Canyon. The charter bus offers an opportunity to connect with other students and families from the Regent community.
Bus Cost (round-trip):
$48 for adults,
$25 for the first child and $10 for each child after that (age 3-18)
Children 2 years and younger ride free.
When you register online, make sure to check the box indicating that you would like to use the bus. The bus will leave Regent at 12:00pm but please be there 20 minutes prior to departure. You can purchase your bus ticket(s) when you register for the retreat.
Accommodation and Costs
Accommodation vary in price according to type and individual status (student, spouse, child). Prices range from $45 upwards and all prices include 2 nights accommodation and 6 meals. Details about various pricing options are available via the online registration.
What to Bring
- Bible and pen
- Warm clothes (for the evening)
- Rainproof coat and shoes
- Shoes for hiking or playing sport
- Coffee/tea mug (to reduce waste)
- $20 for zipline (if necessary)
- The early bird deadline is August 18. Register by then for a 10% discount.
- Final deadline for registration is September 1, 2017.
The 100% refund deadline for the Regent Fall Retreat and Charter Bus service is Friday, September 1, 2017.
Cancellations received prior to this deadline will have the charges reversed on their student account. If the student would like to receive this amount back via cheque, they must complete a Student Account Overpayment form.
Requested refunds for cancellation after this date will be considered by the Retreat Taskforce on a case-by-case basis.
RockRidge Canyon, 2000 Willies Ranch Road, Princeton, BC