Fall Retreat 2022
This event has now ended. Please view this page to see all our upcoming events.
We kick off every school year with a retreat for Regent students, staff, faculty, spouses, and kids. The retreat is an opportunity for us to get away for the weekend and connect with God, creation, each other, and ourselves. As a community we will worship, eat, connect, play, and rest.
This year's retreat is happening from Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25, 2022.
After two years away, we are excited to be able to head back to RockRidge Canyon, a beautiful Young Life camp tucked in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains near Princeton, BC.
The retreat includes:
- Two nights of accommodation and six delicious meals
- Three main sessions—with a nursery and children’s program
- A facilitated group opportunity to meet the faculty
- A variety show—always full of laughter and talent
- An opportunity to meet with a trusted spiritual director (for free!) from Regent's Spiritual Direction Network
- Plenty of free time to rest, study, hike, play, swim, kayak, canoe, relax, mountain bike—or zipline!
This year, we are excited to have Diane Stinton teach on the theme, "Reservoir of Hope: Refreshing Life in Christ and in Community."
About Diane's Sessions
What are you truly hoping for this year at Regent? What is the hope to which we are called in Christ? What keeps you from living into, and living out of this hope? And how can we become more hope-full in Christian community, in spite of the real challenges we all experience? Diane will explore these questions, drawing from the Apostle Paul’s prayers in Ephesians, and from his radical invitation to personal and communal life in Christ, to uncover revitalized hope for us today.
All prices include two nights of accommodation and six meals. Cost varies according to accommodation type and whether you are a registering as a student, spouse, or child. More details about pricing options are available via the online registration page.
You can coordinate your own transportation, use the Carpooling App or take a charter bus from Regent to RockRidge Canyon.
The charter bus gives you a chance to connect with others in the Regent community while journeying to RockRidge. To secure a place on the bus, please ensure you register for a bus ticket in addition to your accommodation.
Bus Cost (Round Trip)
$58 for adults (age 13+)
$30 for one child
$12 for each child after that (age 3-12)
Free for children 0-2 years
The bus will leave Regent at 12:30pm. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure.
Registration Deadlines and Eligibility
- The early bird deadline is August 19, 2022.
- Final deadline for registration is September 2, 2022.
- The retreat is for current students, staff, faculty, spouses, and kids. Current students are those who are registered for at least three credits in the Fall 2022 term.
Refund Policy & Late Fees
The 100% refund deadline for the Fall Retreat and charter bus service is Friday, September 2, 2022.
Requested refunds for cancellation after this date will be considered by the Fall Retreat Taskforce on a case-by-case basis.
If any registrations are accepted after Friday, September 2, they will be subject to a $20 late fee.
What to Bring
- Clothes (Pack layers as it gets cold in the evening!)
- Shoes for hiking or sports
- Ear plugs
- Notebook and pen
- Reusable mug for tea and coffee (to reduce waste)
- $20 for zipline (if desired)
Linens (sheets, blanket, and towel) are provided by RockRidge Canyon for those staying in a dorm room or Wolfe Creek Lodge.
If you are tenting, please bring your own towel and bedding.
RockRidge Canyon is located in Princeton, BC—that's about four hours east of Vancouver by car (approximately 300 km).
- From Vancouver, drive east on Hwy #1.
- After Hope, continue on Hwy #3 toward Princeton.
- Follow Hwy #3 through Manning Park.
- Drive through Princeton. Follow the signs to the Princeton Golf Course.
- Turn right onto Amber Hill Road where you will see both a sign for the golf course and a blue sign for the Regent Retreat.
- Continue along this road, which becomes Willies Ranch Road. Note that it is long, winding, and gravelly. Go slow!
- You will eventually see a sign on the right which says that RockRidge Canyon is an additional 9km. Keep driving!
- Watch for a narrowing with a cattle guard and two vertical wooden logs. You are now on RockRidge Canyon property.
- Proceed to the gatehouse, where someone from Regent will meet you to tell you where your accommodation is located.
Regent College will follow all COVID-19 health orders issued by the province of British Columbia, as well as any COVID-19 policies put in place by RockRidge Canyon. Attendees agree to abide by whatever provincial health orders exist at the time of the retreat, and understand that their attendance is conditional upon this agreement. You can view Rockridge Canyon's COVID-19 safety protocols here.
RockRidge Canyon, 2000 Willies Ranch Road, Princeton, BC