The Gathering: Bloom Where You’re Planted
The Gathering is an annual event for church leaders and pastors seeking to refresh and build lifelong friendships for resilient pastoral ministry. As a non-conference conference, we focus on encounters over information-exchange. Through worship, prayer, teaching, dialogue, sharing food, and recreation, we will grow our pastoral imagination. Come and refresh with us in the beautiful surroundings of Vancouver, BC.
In 2024, our theme is to “Bloom Where You’re Planted.” We will explore what it looks like for a church to truly belong to its neighborhood. We will ask: what would it look like for a church to recognize that Christ has placed it in the neighborhood, to bless and be blessed in his name?
We will explore these questions over the course of two days. Come join other church leaders (both pastors and laypeople) from a variety of denominational traditions to:
- Learn from Ray Aldred, Director of the Indigenous Studies Program at VST, on how we relate to land and place.
- Hear lived stories from Dannae Pierre, Co-director of City to City North America, on how we can engage with our neighbourhood.
- Explore how to nourish local witness in our churches and communities through dialogue and mutual learning.
- Spend time in prayer, with others or alone.
- Choose from a variety of roundtable workshops and activities to attend to your soul.
- Fellowship and build lasting connections.
- Dinner and sports on the beach!
The ticket price covers two plenary sessions, three workshop sessions, three meals (Thursday lunch, Thursday dinner, Friday lunch), and light refreshments.
Regent College (5800 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6T 2E4)
Paid parking is available at Regent College and UBC