On Saturday October 24, 2015, Jeffrey Greenman will be installed as the fifth President of Regent College.
The ceremony will be held at the Frederic Wood Theatre on the UBC campus, followed by lunch and a public symposium at Regent College.
We would be delighted if you would join us as a special guest for this event. It's an important moment for Regent College and we want to share it with our wider community. Tickets are free, but you do need to reserve a spot using the EventBrite form below. Please indicate whether you will attend just the ceremony, or whether you will stay for the lunch as well.
Schedule of Events
|10:30 am||Installation Ceremony, Frederic Wood Theatre, UBC (invitation only)|
|12:30 pm||Lunch at Regent College (invitation only)|
|2:00–3:45 pm||Public Symposium (see details below)|
Symposium: What Future?
2:00–2:45 pm SESSION 1
What Future for Theological Education? (Chapel)
- David Baer, President, Overseas Council
- Mark Young, President, Denver Seminary
- Susan Phillips, Executive Director, New College Berkeley
- Paul Spilsbury (moderator), Academic Dean, Regent College
What Future for Women in Leadership in Church, Academy & Marketplace? (Rm 100)
- Melanie Humphreys, President, King's University
- Gary Nelson, President, Tyndale Seminary
- Shaila Visser, National Director, Alpha Canada
- Ceri Rees (moderator), Director of the Marketplace Institute, Regent College
3:00–3:45 pm SESSION 2
What Future for Evangelicalism? (Chapel)
- Timothy Larsen, McManus Professor of Christian Thought, Wheaton College
- Gordon T. Smith, President, Ambrose University
- Bruce Hindmarsh (moderator), Professor of Spiritual Theology, Regent College
What Future for Theological Books & Congregational Worship? (Rm 100)
- Tony Payne, Composer, Arranger & Associate Professor of Music, Wheaton College
- Dan Reid, Associate Editor, InterVarsity Press
- Jeffrey P. Greenman (moderator), President, Regent College
Please make your own arrangements if you need to book accommodation for your stay in Vancouver. You may wish to consider one of the following on-campus options, all of which are close to Regent and to the Frederic Wood theatre.
5920 Iona Drive
Vancouver, BC V6T 1J6
5835 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC V6T 2L6
(604) 222-1062 or (604) 222-7633
West Coast Suites:
5959 Student Union Boulevard
Vancouver, BC V6T 2C9
(604) 822-1000 or toll free: 1 (888) 822-1030
Parking for the ceremony
The ceremony will be held at the Frederic Wood Theatre on the campus of the University of British Columbia (6354 Crescent Road, UBC).
Paid parking is available at the Rose Garden Parkade on NW Marine Drive. Level 5, stairwell E of the Rose Garden Parkade provides the most convenient access to the theatre. At the Level 5 entrance to the Chan Centre there is an elevator which is wheelchair accessible. Additional parking is available right across from the theatre, although space is very limited.
Parking at Regent College
The lunch following the ceremony and the symposium will be held at Regent College (5800 University Blvd).
The College’s lot will have paid parking spaces available. If the College’s lot is full, additional parking near the College will be available at:
- the hospital lot across the street
- the metered spaces beside the College
- the Impark lot on Allison Road just off of University Blvd (3 minute walk)
- the Thunderbird Parkade on the corner of Wesbrook Mall and Thunderbird Blvd (5 minute walk).
The walking distance between the Frederic Wood Theatre and Regent College is approximately 15-20 minutes.
Please use the map below for directions to the Frederic Wood Theatre at UBC.