Ready to apply to one of our graduate programs? Here’s how it works.
Step 1: Select a graduate program
Step 2: Review the admission requirements
Visit the Admission Requirements page
Step 3: Start an online application
The application does not need to be completed in one sitting. Once you start an application, you will receive an email with a link to it. It typically takes one to two hours to complete.
Submitting your application online allows us to serve you in an efficient and timely manner through the application process. But if you wish to receive an application package by mail or email, please contact an Admissions Counsellor firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 604.224.3245 or toll free: 1.800.663.8664.
Step 4: Submit the application and fee
You need to upload a number of documents to your online application:
- a personal statement
- a book review (for the mature student category)
- a sample of academic writing (for the non-accredited student category and ThM applicants)
You also need to provide the contact information of your referees. Visit the Admission Requirements page for a complete list of documents and information to include.
If you are unable to submit your application, check the list for any incomplete sections and outstanding documents (the list is generated when you click to submit).
You will see the link to the payment page when you successfully submit your online application.
We will begin processing your application and contacting your referees upon receipt of your application and application fee.
Step 5: Submit the application documents
There are a number of additional documents you need to arrange to have sent directly to our offices. These include:
- your references: we will contact your referees directly and ask them to fill out an online reference form, but you need to line up your referees ahead of time, and provide their contact information in the online application
- official transcripts: you will need to contact your university and request that they mail us a transcript directly, or submit one electronically through a secure web transcript program
- TOEFL results (if applicable): you need to arrange for your testing agency to send us your test scores directly
Since it takes some time to gather these documents, you can start the process even before you submit the online application. Visit the Admission Requirements page for a complete list of required documents.
Step 6: Wait While Your Application Is Reviewed
The Admissions Committee will review your application once we have received all your application documents. This process may take up to four weeks.
Step 7: Receive Notification of Admission
Once you have been admitted to a program, we will mail you an admissions package that will include the letter of acceptance and visa letters for international students.
We encourage non-North American students to apply for a study permit as soon as they receive the admissions package. This process can take from a few weeks to a few months. You can find information on applying for a study permit here.
Once you’ve been accepted
Find out what to do once you’ve been accepted into your program.