Eugene passed away on Monday, October 22, 2018. He leaves behind his wife, Jan, three children, and nine grandchildren.
From 1993 to 1998, Eugene Peterson served as the James M. Houston Professor of Spiritual Theology at Regent College. In addition to being a poet, author, and scholar, Dr. Peterson was an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA). He was the founder of Christ Our King Presbyterian Church in Maryland, where he was the pastor for twenty-nine years. Dr. Peterson also served as an Assistant Professor at the New York Theological Seminary. He wrote numerous books including The Pastor: A Memoir, The Jesus Way, Practice Resurrection, Leap Over a Wall, A Long Obedience in the Same Direction, Working the Angles, and Reversed Thunder. He was best known for developing a paraphrase of the Bible called The Message.
Areas of expertiseSpiritual Formation
Media & Publications
- Practice Resurrection: A Conversation on Growing up in Christ – Book Publication
- The Pastor: A Memoir – Book Publication
- Living the Resurrection: The Risen Christ in Everyday Life – Book Publication
- The Jesus Way: A Conversation on the Ways that Jesus is the Way – Book Publication
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction: Discipleship in an Instant Society – Book Publication
- Eat This Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading – Book Publication
- Just Faithful – Video