The Regent College website consists of the material provided under the regent-college.edu domain (e.g. http://www.regent-college.edu) and several subdomains (e.g. http://web.regent-college.edu) (hereinafter referred to collectively as the "Site").
All material provided on the Site is intended for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace either official documents (except where the material on the Site is explicitly identified as comprising the official version of a document), nor the advice of a qualified professional.
(a) Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited License
Copyright © 1999-2012 Regent College. All rights reserved.
- Regent College owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to this Site, or has acquired the necessary licenses in the information.
- As a user of this Site, you are granted a limited license to use (display or print) short extracts of the information for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided the information is not modified. Any other use of the information is prohibited. None of the information may be otherwise reproduced, republished, or re-disseminated in any manner of form without the prior written consent of Regent College. To obtain such consent, please contact the webmaster.
(b) No Advice or Warranties
- You shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from your use of the Site. The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, whether medical, legal, or otherwise. Do not rely on any of the information for diagnosis or treatment. It is recommended that you visit a qualified professional for individual and personal attention.
- Regent College does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information on the Site. While every effort is generally made to check the information, the site may contain typographical or other errors and should not be assumed to be error-free.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Regent College shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damage or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the information available on the Site, including the loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence), or other tortious action.
(c) No Endorsement
- The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. Parties other than Regent College independently developed these other sites. Therefore, Regent College does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, Regent College is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites.
- A link to another site should not be construed to mean that Regent College is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites. In addition, the mention of another party or its product or services on the Site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
(d ) Trademarks
- Certain words, phrases, names, designs, or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks, service marks, or trade names of Regent College or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the Site does not imply that Regent College or other entities have granted a license or authorization of any kind to use such marks or names.
- All information submitted to Regent College via the Site shall be deemed and remain the property of Regent College, and Regent College shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or other techniques contained in information provided to Regent College through the Site or sent through email, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Regent College. Furthermore, Regent College shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information submitted to it unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Regent College.
- Furthermore, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet email is vulnerable to interception and forgery. Regent College will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to Regent College through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize Regent College to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
(f) Computer Viruses
- While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system. You should pay specific attention to some of the newer viruses that have been written to automatically execute when an infected word processing document is loaded into certain word processing programs.
(g) Choice of Law
- The laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity, and effect of this document, notwithstanding any conflict of laws provisions or your domicile, residence, or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to your use of the Site or this document.
(h) By using Regent College web services you agree not to use this service to do any of the following:
- Harass, stalk, defame, abuse, threaten, or otherwise violate a person's legal rights including their privacy rights.
- Mass collect information about others (harvest), including email addresses, mailing address, and phone numbers.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Impersonate someone else.
- Promote or post any profane, harassing, threatening, obscene, defamatory, unlawful, vulgar, hateful, or indecent material.
- Promote or post any files that contain images or software protected by intellectual property laws, copyright, or trademark laws without proper permission from the owner.
- Upload files that contain viruses, worms, or any similar program that may cause harm to another's computer or data.
- Use our web systems in connection with junk email, pyramid schemes, chain letters, or spamming.
- Prevent another user from accessing the site or the tools therein.
- Attempt to hack into, deny service to, or disrupt service to any Regent College web system.
- Promote, post, or participate in any activity in violation of our Community Standards.