Rod J. K. Wilson
Rod Wilson served as President of Regent College from 2000-2015.
Originally trained as a clinical psychologist, Dr. Wilson pursued theological training after completing his doctoral work. He has been involved in the field of counselling and consulting for over thirty years and has held various positions at Tyndale College and Seminary in Toronto from 1978 to 1995: Professor, Dean of Students, Vice-President, and Academic Dean. From 1983 to 1995, he held part-time staff positions in two different churches, and from 1995 to 2000, he was the teaching pastor of a growing church in the suburbs of Toronto. In 2004, Dr. Wilson received an honorary doctorate from Trinity Western University in recognition of his gifts of leadership and acuity of vision. He has served as Teaching Pastor at Capilano Christian Community as well as Senior Advisor with A Rocha Canada, and consultant with various organizations.
Rod currently works with Lumara Grief and Bereavement Care Society, A Rocha, the Society of Christian Schools in BC, and In Trust Center for Theological Schools, and maintains an international teaching and mentoring ministry. He is also a Senior Writer for Faith Today.
Dr. Wilson is the author of Counseling and Community and How Do I Help a Hurting Friend?—both award-winning books—and Thank You. I'm Sorry. Tell Me More. He is also the co-author of Exploring Your Anger and Helping Angry People. He lives in Vancouver, BC with his wife Bev.
Areas of expertise
- Relationship Dynamics
- Pastoral Care
- Emotional Intelligence
Media & Publications
- Millenials and the Church: Are the Boomers Listening? – Article
- Rest in Peace – Article
- A Chair Between the Past and the Future – Article
- What is the Regent World? – Article
- Listening to God in a Need-Oriented Culture – Audio
- Helping Angry People: A Short-Term Structured Model for Pastoral Counselors (with Glenn Taylor) – Book Publication
- Exploring Your Anger: Friend or Foe? (with Glenn Taylor) – Book Publication
- How Do I Help a Hurting Friend? – Book Publication
- Counseling and Community: Using Church Relationships to Reinforce Counseling – Book Publication
- "The Regent World Online?" – Article
- Living Well Forum: "Depression: The Noon-Day Demon" – Audio
- Depression, Anger, and Gender – Audio Publication
- Double Knowledge – Audio