Into Africa: Exploring Theology and Ministry in Nairobi, Kenya
With the dramatic shift in the centre of world Christianity from the West to the Majority World, Africa is now a vital centre of global Christianity. This course will explore aspects of African Christianity, both intellectually and experientially, through intensive exposure to theology and ministry in Nairobi, Kenya.
This Go Global course is offered off-campus at the Africa International University in Nairobi, Kenya.
Maximum enrollment: 12 students. This course has a special registration process, and special payment and refund deadlines. See below for details.Register Now
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Additional Course Fee
Additional Course Fee: $1400 CAD.
This fee includes the following:
- Accommodation for 14 nights at Homecare Retreat Center (single room and full board)
- Local transportation to churches and site visits, and honoraria for local, visited ministries
- Special meals out
- Concluding retreat
Students are responsible for the following items (Regent College accepts no liability for these costs):
- Entry visa (currently $50 USD, payable in cash upon arrival at the airport in Nairobi)
- Immunizations as recommended by an international travel medical clinic
- International medical and travel insurance (we strongly recommend trip cancellation/interruption insurance)
- Accommodation, meals and local transport before June 29 and after July 12. Possible (optional) group safari following conclusion of the course
For further information regarding the above items, please consult the Kenya High Commission in your home country (e.g., in Canada: www.kenyahighcommission.ca) or contact Diane Stinton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register
To register, fill out a course application form and submit it to Regent College with a non-refundable $300 deposit by March 15, 2019. There are three ways of doing this:
- Submit the completed form and payment via cash, check, debit, or credit in person at Regent reception from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Mon -Fri.
- Mail your completed form and $300 payment to: Regent College Registration, 5800 University Blvd. Vancouver BC V6T 2E4
- Email or fax (email@example.com or 604-224-3097) the completed registration form to Regent and submit your $300 deposit via REGIS.
Once your application form has been reviewed, you will be notified of your placement in the course via REGIS after Feb 22.
Full tuition payment and full payment of additional course fees are due by 4:30 pm Thursday, April 4, 2019. The deadline to receive 100% refund of tuition and fees (with the exception of the $300 non-refundable deposit) for dropping the course is also 4:30 pm on Thursday, April 4, 2019. Because Regent College will be paying various local expenses for the student in advance, the $1,400 (CAD) additional fee is non-refundable after April 4, but tuition is 50% refundable until Friday, May 3, 2019. No refunds will be granted after May 3, but the course may be dropped without refund until Friday, July 12, 2019. Regent College may be required to cancel this course due to either the political instability of the host country, or to low enrollment. In the event of course cancellation, all tuition and fees (including the registration deposit) will be refunded, but Regent College will not be responsible for any other expense, loss, or damage incurred by the student as a result of such cancellation. Tuition benefits do not apply to this course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
View Courses by Timetable
An overview of our entire 2019 course lineup by session and weeks. View the timetable.