Bruce K. Waltke
His career also included teaching positions at Knox Theological Seminary, Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, Dallas Theological Seminary, and Reformed Theological Seminary. In addition to being Professor Emeritus at Regent College, Dr. Waltke is Distinguished Professor of Old Testament at Knox Theological Seminary.
Dr. Waltke has written numerous scholarly articles and edited or contributed to various editions of the Bible, including the New American Standard Version, the New International Version, the Today's New International Version, and the Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible. He has also contributed to the Theological Word Book of the Old Testament, and the New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis. He is the co-author of Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax, the author of commentaries on Genesis, Micah, and Proverbs, and the author of An Old Testament Theology and of Finding the Will of God: A Pagan Notion? He has recently published The Psalms as Christian Worship: A Historical Commentary with James Houston.
Dr. Waltke was president of the Evangelical Theological Society (1975) and has travelled and lectured widely. He has also served as an Area Supervisor for excavations at Gezer, Israel and as Director of field study trips to the Middle East and the Classical World.
He is married to Elaine and they have three children and three grandchildren.
Areas of expertiseBible Exposition
Old Testament Theology
- BIBL 580 - Biblical Theology
- BIBL 610 - Book of Genesis
- BIBL 615 - Light from the Dark Ages: An Exposition of Judges and Ruth
Media & Publications
- The Psalms as Christian Worship: A Historical Commentary – Book Publication
- The Book of Proverbs – Book Publication
- A Commentary on Micah – Book Publication
- Finding the Will of God: A Pagan Notion? – Book Publication
- An Old Testament Theology: An Exegetical, Canonical, and Thematic Approach – Book Publication