Loren E. Wilkinson
Loren Wilkinson’s teaching interests include Christianity and the arts, philosophy, and earthkeeping. His popular Creation, Wilderness, and Technology course takes place on a summer boat trip.
He has written many scholarly and popular articles developing a Christian environmental ethic and exploring the human relationship to the natural world in its environmental, aesthetic, scientific, and religious dimensions. His books include Earthkeeping: Christian Stewardship of Natural Resources and Caring for Creation in Your Own Backyard (co-authored with Mary-Ruth Wilkinson). He is currently working on a book entitled Circles and the Cross: A Trinitarian Response to Some Contemporary Religious Movements.
Loren Wilkinson lives on Galiano Island with his wife Mary-Ruth. They have two adult children and two grandchildren.
Areas of expertise
- Theology of Creation
- Christianity and Literature
- Christian Environmental Ethics
Media & Publications
- Earthkeeping in the Nineties: Stewardship of Creation (editor) – Book Publication
- Caring for Creation in Your Own Backyard (with Mary-Ruth Wilkinson) – Book Publication
- 'Environment' or 'Creation': A Scientific and Biblical Framework for Caring for the Earth – Audio Publication