RCSA Et Cetera Copy Editor
Student Employee (SE) Position
Opening date: Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Closing date: Friday, May 22, 2015
The Copy Editor is responsible for producing the Greensheet and copy editing the Et Cetera on a weekly basis. This position is filled during Spring/Summer Term.
- Basic desktop publishing/word processing skills
- Strong journalistic and copy editing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Produce the Greensheet, a weekly insert in Et Cetera which serves as Regent’s “classifieds” and which includes announcements, for-sale ads, help-wanted ads, etc.
- Include upcoming local events (e.g. UBC, Vancouver) in the Greensheet or, as necessary, in Et Cetera.
- Copy edit and proofread articles for Et Cetera.
Most of the work is carried out between Thursday evening and Monday evening. On average, 1-2 hours per week in the production of the Greensheet and 1-2 hours per week proofreading Et Cetera.Remuneration
$1000 per annum, on a bi-weekly or term basis (Sept.-April).
Application Process: Application forms must be submitted to the RCSA office or emailed to email@example.com. If the office is closed, forms may be placed in the envelope by the door. Download the RCSA Job Application