RCSA Et Cetera Copy Editor
Student Employee (SE) Position
Opening date: Thursday, May 22, 2014
Closing date: Friday, July 25, 2014
The Copy Editor is responsible for producing the Greensheet and copy editing the Et Cetera each week.
- Basic desktop publishing/word processing skills
- Strong journalistic and copy editing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Produce the Greensheet, a weekly insert in Et Cetera that serves as Regent’s “classifieds” and which includes announcements, for-sale ads, help-wanted ads, etc.
- Include upcoming local events (e.g. UBC, Vancouver) in the Greensheet or, as necessary, in Et Cetera
- Copy edit and proofread articles for Et Cetera.
Most of the work is carried out between Thursday evening and Monday evening. On average, 1–2 hours per week to produce the Greensheet and 1–2 hours per week proofreading Et Cetera.
$1,000 per annum, on a bi-weekly or term basis (September–April).
As with all RCSA positions, there will be a review of workload and performance at the end of the fall term.
Application forms must be submitted to the RCSA office or emailed to email@example.com. If the office is closed, forms may be placed in the envelope by the door. Download the RCSA Job Application
Description of Employer:
The RCSA is Regent College’s Student Association, of which every fee-paying student is a member. The RCSA is led by a council made up of elected student officials, voted in by other Regent students—we are students serving students. The Association’s involvement within the life of the College extends across all the spheres of Regent life—academics, community, and interaction with the wider UBC campus. Our goal is to help students fully embrace being a part of the College and to actively play a part in the wider mission of the College.