More Links


Student Employment Opportunities

Many students find part-time work during their studies, both on and off-campus. These include Student Employee positions within the College, teaching assistantships, and part-time work off campus.

To view current listings, visit our Student Employment page in the Current Students section.

international students on a study permit

As a full-time Regent student (taking a minimum of 18 credit hours per academic or calendar year) with a valid study permit, you are permitted to work either:

  • on campus at Regent College.
  • in a church or religious organization, provided you are ministering to the spiritual needs of a congregation (defined as preaching doctrine, presiding at liturgical functions, or providing spiritual counseling). This allowance covers MDiv students during their supervised ministry component.
  • long distance either by phone or internet. Your employer must be located outside of Canada and you must be remunerated from outside Canada as well. An example would be editing or translating text.

Your study permit allows you to work within these guidelines—you do not need a work permit. Regent College does not currently qualify for an off-campus work permit.

If you plan to work in Canada after you graduate, you can apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. These permits are relatively easy to obtain, and are generally valid for one to three years after you graduate, depending on the length of your program.

You can find more information on work permits on the Study and Work Permits page.

Permanent residents

Permanent residents of Canada, as well as their spouses, face no legal employment restrictions.

Spouses of full-time students

Spouses of full-time foreign students may accept part- or full-time employment either on or off campus. They must obtain a work permit from Canadian Immigration prior to commencing the work.

You can find more information on work permits on our Study and Work Permits page .