J.I. Packer Chair in Theology
Opening date: Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Closing date: Monday, October 15, 2018
Regent College, an evangelical graduate school of Christian studies based in Vancouver and affiliated with the University of British Columbia, seeks applicants and nominations to fill the J.I. Packer Chair in Theology at the rank of associate or full professor. This Chair was established in 2006 to continue the theological legacy of Dr. James Packer, who has served the College as Professor of Theology since 1979.The successful candidate will be an individual of exceptional academic and personal standing and, further, shall:
- be unequivocally committed to the truth, trustworthiness, sufficiency and authority of the canonical Scriptures;
- specialize within the area of systematic, philosophical, historical or ethical theology, and apply theology to contemporary culture;
- view his or her expertise as held in trust for the service of the whole Christian Church;
- labour to excel as teacher, researcher, and writer in pursuit of the purposes for which Regent College and the Chair itself exists;
- subscribe without reservation to the Regent College Theological Position, which includes a Doctrinal Statement and a Moral Vision.
The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate in a discipline relevant to the position and will have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates should submit the following:
- A letter of application detailing your interest and suitability for this position;
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including education, employment history, teaching experience, and evidence of scholarship and publication;
- The names and contact information for three references willing to support your application;
- A recent sample of your writing (no more than 3,000 words);
- A statement of your teaching philosophy.
All documents should be sent electronically to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin October 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Regent College is committed to employment equity and offers equal opportunities to qualified women and men, including visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Final appointment is subject to receipt of official transcripts and completion of a satisfactory criminal record check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.