RCSA Administrative Assistant
Student Employee (SE) Position
Opening date: Monday, May 13, 2013
Closing date: Monday, August 19, 2013
The Administrative Assistant functions as the secretary for the Student Council. This person keeps the Council running smoothly in the small details, including meeting minutes and record keeping.
- Pays careful attention to detail and is well organized
- Needs to be unbiased in student affairs
- Has good typing and word processing skills
- Has initiative to track down and sort out loose ends
- Under direction of the President, prepare agenda and addendums for the Student Council and Executive Committee meetings at least 48 hours prior to the meeting and distribute to Council members.
- Record attendance and proceedings of Student Council meetings and distribute to the Council members within three days.
- Consolidate council minutes to publish major ‘news’ in Et Cetera/Greensheet in collaboration with the President, in order to increase the visibility/transparency of RCSA Council.
- Record attendance and action points of Executive Committee meetings and distribute to Executive members within three days.
- Record attendance and proceedings of any special meetings of the Student Council, including preparatory meetings over the summer, if available.
- Keep track of the most current student lists, which show all students and all students who have paid the current student fee.
- Maintain the files of the RCSA, including filing all minutes in a binder and ensuring there is a copy of each publication filed for future reference (e.g. photo directory, student handbook, symposium journal.)
- Administer office keys for the Council members and collect keys at the end of terms of office.
- Organize office hours for the Council members.
- Organize weekly meeting devotions and keep track of Council member birthdays.
- Generally serve the administrative needs of the Council upon request as time allows.
- Maintain the office such that it is reasonably tidy and there are adequate supplies.
- Tidy the office fully at the end of fall and winter terms.
Approximately 3.5-4 hours per week during fall and winter terms, to include attendance at all RCSA meetings. This position is filled at the end of the Winter Term.
$1,250 per annum, on a bi-weekly or term basis (September-April).
As with all RCSA positions, there will be a review of workload and performance at the end of the fall term.
Application forms must be submitted to the RCSA office or emailed to email@example.com. If the office is closed, forms may be placed in the envelope by the door. Download the RCSA Job Application or obtain a copy from the Student Services office.