Marketing & Communications Assistant
Student Employee (SE) Position, 5-20 hours per week
Opening date: Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Closing date: Friday, January 9, 2015
This position provides support to the Marketing department at Regent College. The Marketing and Communications Assistant will focus primarily promoting Summer Programs 2015 and work in collaboration with the enrollment services team to brainstorm strategies and assist in follow up to increase sales of summer programs as an on-ramp to programs at Regent. Trust us, it is a really interesting, FUN role—dreaming up all the avenues to reach people who want to gain a depth of knowledge, with world class faculty at what has been dubbed the summer camp for adults.
Summer Programs at Regent College have been engaging a wide range of students since the late 1960s. People travel from all over the world to deepen their theological understanding with world-renowned visiting and resident faculty, in a rich academic and spiritual atmosphere. The Assistant will be an integral part of the following marketing activities under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications:
- Campaign preparation and idea generation and collaboration with the Marketing team to define the promotional delivery methods to get the word out about Summer School to our primary audiences
- Prepare follow-up marketing campaign targeted at churches, bible colleges, professionals, BC Christian Schools, local post-secondary bulletin boards;
- Coordinate an alumni promotional campaign;
- Take on a sales function following up with individuals requesting summer materials and individuals who attend summer programs to increase sales of summer programs as an on-ramp to programs at Regent.
- Has a promotional mindset that looks for opportunities to market Summer Programs
- Is extremely organized and has strong multi-tasking skills
- Is a people person—has a real customer focus and an easy time meeting and interacting with the Regent summer customer, via phone or in person
- Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal
- Computer/Web savvy in order to conduct web-related data searches
- Able to work independently and on a team