Technology, Wilderness, and Creation
Embark on an eight-day voyage in an open rowing/sailing boat in the Gulf Islands as you reflect prayerfully on the nature of place and pilgrimage in the Christian life. Reflect on the writings of those many Christians whose own understanding of God has been focused by the experience of voyaging on the sea. No previous sailing/rowing experience required. This course is offered in partnership with A Rocha Canada, with contributions from Rick Faw and Ruth Des Cotes. Also contributing are Loren and Mary-Ruth Wilkinson and Erik Wilkinson, sailing master.
Maximum enrollment: 12 credit students. No auditors.
Location: This course takes place off-site, on a boat sailing between the Gulf Islands
Additional course fee: $650 CAD.
This course has a special registration process.
Due to the great popularity of this course in past years, and to ensure fairness for all students, registration will be based on a lottery system.
- Registration for this course will open at 10 am PST on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
- All registrations received by 12 pm PST on Friday, February 24 will be placed in a pool, from which students will be chosen by random selection until the maximum enrollment has been reached.
- Any students remaining in the pool will be chosen by random selection to determine their spot on the waitlist.
- Any registrations received after 12 pm on February 24 will then be added to the waitlist (or to the course, if space permits) in the order they are received.
- Students will be notified by email regarding their placement in the course (or on the waitlist) within three business days.
Special consideration will be given to those:
- who have tried to register for this course in the past but who remained on the waitlist, or
- whose focus in their Regent program is particularly well-aligned to this course (depending, e.g., on their MA concentration).
In order to appeal for special consideration for placement in this course, contact (email@example.com) by no later than February 15 and explain your situation.
Note: Payment deadline for all course tuition and fees is May 12. The last day to register is May 20 (full payment due at time of registration). The deadline for dropping the course with a 100% refund is midnight on May 20. The deadline for dropping the course with 50% refund is midnight on June 20. There are no refunds after June 20, but the course may be dropped without refund until July 19. Tuition benefits do not apply to this course.