Annual Fall Retreat
This event has now ended. Please view this page to see all our upcoming events.
We kick off every school year with a retreat for Regent students, staff, faculty, and their families at Warm Beach Camp in Stanwood, Washington. This weekend away provides opportunities for the whole school to feast, connect, celebrate, play, and rest.
This year, our very own Jeff Greenman will be teaching on the theme Hope Full: Hope of the Gospel: Christ, Regent, You.
The retreat includes:
- Three main worship gatherings
- A facilitated group opportunity to meet the faculty
- Saturday evening variety show
- Ceilidh dance
- Children’s program
Warm Beach is in Washington State, USA, about 2.5 hours south of Vancouver, by car (about 195 kilometers or 120 miles).
International students should plan in advance for the border crossing. Read about visas in the Border Crossing Info below or contact the Assistant Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Important: International Students MUST pre-arrange $6 in USD cash or by credit card to be paid at the border. This is easily obtainable at any of the banks on campus or around Vancouver.
You can coordinate your own transportation, or take a charter bus from Regent to Warm Beach. The charter bus speeds up border crossings, is more environmentally friendly, and offers an opportunity to connect with other students and families from the Regent community.
Cost of round-trip bus tickets:
$25 for adults,
$10 for the first child, age 3–18.
Additional children and children age 3 or younger ride free.
When you register online, make sure to check the box indicating which mode of transportation you plan to use. Buses leave Regent at 12:30pm and 2:00pm, but please be there 30 minutes prior to departure. You can purchase your bus ticket(s) when you pay for the retreat. Please provide your passport number and contact number for the travel day.
Accommodation and costs
Accommodations vary in price according to type and individual status (student, spouse, child). Prices range from $38 upwards and all prices include 2 nights' accommodation and 6 meals. Details of costs will be available online and at the registration table during the first week of class.
If you are a married couple with no children, the best option (aside from tenting) would be to choose the Cascadian Lodge. If you are married with children, the Mt. Baker Cabins are more ideal for small families with younger children.
What to bring
- $6 USD cash (or credit card) for international student border crossing
- Sleeping bag, linens, and pillow
- Warm clothes (Warm Beach gets quite cold at night)
- Rainproof coat and shoes
- Coffee/tea mug (to reduce use of Styrofoam)
- Hiking Boots/Athletic Shoes
- Money for special activities
- Necessary food/dietary items for all dietary requirements (however, vegetarian and vegan options will be available)
Canadians and Americans:
The American and Canadian governments require that everyone crossing the border must have one of the following: valid passport, NEXUS card, FAST card, or Enhanced Driver's License. A birth certificate alongside other government-issued photo ID (e.g. normal driver's license) is no longer sufficient.
Non-Canadians from visa waiver countries:
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of 36 countries to apply for entry to the United States without a non-immigrant visa if they are seeking entry for 90 days or less as a visitor for business or pleasure.
All Visa Waiver Program travelers, regardless of age or type of passport used, must present a machine-readable passport.
In addition, depending on when VWP travellers' passports were issued, other
passport requirements apply:
- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended on or after 10/26/06: requires integrated chip with information from the data page (e-Passport) Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended between 10/26/05 and 10/25/06: requires digital photograph printed on the data page or integrated chip with information from the data page
- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended before 10/26/05: no further requirements
Although you will not need a visa you will need to:
- Register online with the ESTA Program (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) before the retreat. This can be done here: http://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html
- Go into the Immigration office at the border and pay the Visa Waiver fee of USD $6. In the past, this fee has been covered by Regent, but you will need to make your own arrangements to pay $6 in USD cash or credit card at the border for each member of your family.
Visa Waiver Program - Participating Countries:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom
Nationals of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Slovakia, and South Korea require passports with an integrated chip containing the information from the data page.
Non-citizen Canadian residents from countries without a visa waiver:
International Students MUST pre-arrange $6 in USD cash or by credit card to be paid at the border. This is easily attainable at any of the banks on campus or around Vancouver.
You are under normal visa regulations. Please contact the Assistant Dean of Students, Claire Perini (email@example.com) if you require further information.
Directions, Maps, Activities, Accommodation Rates, & Schedule
- Driving Directions to Warm Beach
- Warm Beach Activities
- Warm Beach Campsite Map
- Fall Retreat Accommmodation Price List
- Fall Retreat Schedule
Retreat registration is now open. Click here to register using your Regent Login.
The cost ranges from $38 upwards and includes 2 nights accommodation and 6 meals. Pricing details will be available online and at the registration table during the first week of class.
Warm Beach, Washington State